Juggernaut is one of the most popular carry heroes in Dota 2. It is not very surprising. This hero is very versatile and basically, has no downsides. He is very strong in the lane and can be very useful in all phases of the game. He is one of the very few carries, who you can safely pick in any stage of the draft.
Table of contents
- Starting Items
- Early stage of the game
- Mid stage of the game
- Late stage of the game
- Common mistakes
- Tips & Tricks
Just like for any other melee core, it is essential for Juggernaut to buy Stout Shield to reduce incoming physical damage. Make sure to buy enough healing items to sustain the laning stage comfortably. On a melee carry, you should aim to leave 100 gold, which you can later use to purchase Quelling Blade from the side shop after you team picks two Bounty Runes. Ideally, your starting items should be: Stout Shield, x6 Tango, x2 Iron Branch.
Early stage of the game
With the help of Blade Fury, you always have a possibility to fight for the Bounty Runes and likely even get a kill. Cooperate with your supports and ask them to set up a kill attempt if it is possible.
Once the fight for Bounty Runes is over, you need to go to the side shop and buy Quelling Blade. This item will help you to ease the process of last-hitting and increase your farming potential later in the game.
It is very important for Juggernaut not to waste Blade Fury during the laning stage. You need to make sure to use it effectively. Very often happens, that once you get level 3 and get 2 points in Blade Fury, you can easily make a kill on the enemy offlaner. You need to have perfect communication with your lane partner, as you heavily rely on him to provide disables.
If you see opportunities to apply pressure on enemy heroes and kill them in the lane it is a very good idea to go straight for Boots of Speed. Otherwise, it is more effective to buy a Wraith Band. Its extra stats will help you to farm more efficiently.
Make sure to use the farming potential of Juggernaut. After you reach level 5 and buy Phase Boots and Wraith Band you gain an ability to farm jungle camps effectively. Many players make the same mistake of diving the enemy Tower for no apparent reason instead of safely farming in the jungle while the lane is pushed. Play aggressively and make dives only if you are 100% confident it will work out well for you.
With level 7 you gain an insane killing potential. With the help of maxed Blade Fury and Omnislash, you can easily kill any hero on the map. Ideally, with these conditions, you should aim to get a kill and use gained an advantage to apply pressure on the enemy Tower.
If for any reason you do not feel confident in the lane you should abandon it. It is very important for carry player not to die, as every death slows down your farm significantly. If you feel like you can get ganked or enemy offlaner is stronger than you, you should either ask your supports to make a rotation to your lane to make kills, you can teleport to the offlane to apply pressure on enemy carry and tower or you can simply move to the jungle.
Mid stage of the game
Juggernaut is one of several carry heroes, who don’t have a stable scenario in a game. You should feel the pace of the game and follow it. This hero has insane killing, pushing and farming potential. The biggest mistake you can do is to focus on one aspect of a hero and completely ignore the other two. It is very important to keep the balance between pushing, farming and fighting. If you will focus too much on fighting you have a chance to lose yourself in the pace of the game. If you focus too much on farming you might give too much territorial advantage to the enemy team. Play intelligently and make the best possible decision for yourself and your team.
With the help of Blade Fury and Town Portal Scroll, you have the potential to play very aggressively and then escape safely. Keep track on enemy heroes, who are able to cancel Town Portal Scroll on heroes, who are under the effect of magic immunity.
Healing Ward gives you a possibility not only to push towers but to kill Roshan as well. Always keep in mind, that it is very important to play around key objectives of the game, such as Roshan, Towers and Bounty Runes.
Late stage of the game
Map control and territorial advantage is a very important factor in the late stage of the game. Make sure to use your resources effectively to split push lanes. Use Manta Style illusions to do so alongside with Mjollnir.
Every single kill or death in this stage can have a crucial effect on an endgame result. Encourage your teammates to use Smoke of Deceit to force team fights or to make key kills.
Select your items smartly based on enemy draft and item preferences of enemy cores.
1) Selecting the wrong starting items. Do not buy Quelling Blade at the start of the game, as you can get it from the side shop at the beginning of the laning stage. Make sure to purchase Stout Shield to increase your sustainability in the lane. Buy enough healing items to sustain the laning stage comfortably.
2) Using Blade Fury ineffectively during the laning stage. Blade Fury is your very powerful defensive and offensive tool. This spell has a decent cooldown on early levels, so if you use it uncarefully it can have a very negative impact.
3) Not using the farming potential of your hero in the early stage of the game. It is very important that carry players understand the strengths and abilities of heroes they play. Keep in mind, it is very effective to farm nearby jungle camps when you have an opportunity and resources to do so.
Tips & Tricks
1) Improve your skill through watching streams, videos or replays of professional players who pick this hero. The best ones to follow are VitusPro. Razmes666 and Liquid.Miracle.
2) Focus on playing around key objectives of the game, such as Roshan, Towers and Bounty Runes.
3) Do not skip a Magic Wand. It is one of the best and most useful items you can get on a core hero. It will make you significantly stronger in fights.
4) Right-click on the enemy hero you want to kill or right-click in his direction to increase the probability to attack him with Omnislash. This trick doesn't work for all slashes, but it will definitely increase your chances to bounce on the desired target more often.
5) Use ‘Move’ command to have an easier time chasing your opponents while you are under the effect of Blade Fury.
6) Even though you do not deal damage with attacks while you are under the effect of Blade Fury, you can still proc items, such as Skull Basher or Maelstrom.
📌If you liked our guide, please rate it on the Steam Community!
👉 Find out your mistakes in Dota 2 with the help of GOSU.AI and start winning right now! Click here! 👉
From GOSU.AI with 💙