After several buffs to Mist Coil, Abaddon became a very viable hero in a support position. A very low mana cost and short cooldown alongside high heal/damage makes Mist Coil one of the most powerful harassing tools in the game. This and the ability to remove debuffs with the help of Aphotic Shield helps Abaddon to keep his cores alive in fights for a long time.
Good positioning is very important for any support, but Borrowed Time allows Abaddon to position himself more aggressively and even play as a frontliner in certain situations. This makes him one of the easiest supports to play.
Table of contents
- Starting Items
- Early stage of the game
- Mid stage of the game
- Late stage of the game
- Common mistakes
- Tips & Tricks
Even though Abaddon deals self-damage with Mist Coil, this spell doesn't cancel Clarity. Having one or several Clarities allows Abaddon to constantly spam Mist Coil to harass enemies and heal teammates. You also need to get several Tangoes to restore the HP you lose by using Mist Coil. Ideally, your starting items should be: Animal Courier, x2 Observer Ward, Sentry Ward, x2 set of Tangoes, Clarity and Enchanted Mango.
Make sure to pull your midlaner two Tangoes and an Observer Ward. Give the second Observer Ward to your offlaner. Use Sentry Ward to deward the pull camp.
Early stage of the game
Abaddon has one of the simplest play styles in the game. All you need to do during the laning stage is position yourself behind your carry and constantly spam Mist Coil to harass enemy heroes and heal your lane partner. Try not to allow opponents to cancel your Clarity. Once you are out of HP and mana, use Mist Coil to deny yourself to restore your resources. Before you teleport back to the lane, ask your carry if he needs you to deliver him items. Whenever the lane is pushed, make pulls to restore lane equilibrium. Keep an eye on the middle lane, and use Town Portal Scroll to save your midlaner if it becomes necessary.
Mid stage of the game
At this stage of the game, you have to use your hero to its full potential. With maxed Aphotic Shield and Mist Coil, you can have a lot of impact in fights. Play around farmed cores of your team. Focus on playing around key objectives of the game, such as Towers, Roshan and Bounty Runes. Try to provide good vision for your teammates. Keep in mind that you can use Aphotic Shield to push lanes.
Late stage of the game
Focus on using spells and items as effectively as possible in fights. Pay attention to your positioning. At this stage of the game it is important to have exceptional vision on the map. One effectively placed Observer Ward can guarantee your team victory. Use Smoke of Deceit to force team fights around key objectives.
1) Dying during the laning stage. Make sure to always deny yourself with the help of Mist Coil. Do not give your opponents additional gold and experience.
2) Playing too aggressively at the beginning of the laning stage. Position yourself behind your carry and focus on harassing enemies with Mist Coil.
3) Not paying attention to positioning in fights. Even though Borrowed Time helps Abaddon to play more freely in fights, you should try not to trigger this spell too early.
4) Not buying Magic Wand. Magic Wand is the best item you can purchase for any support hero. This item will make you significantly stronger in fights.
Tips & Tricks
1) Improve your skill through watching streams, videos or replays of professional players who pick this hero.
2) You can use Mist Coil to force the explosion of Aphotic Shield.
3) Use Mist Coil while under the effect of Borrowed Time to heal yourself.
4) Pay attention to other lanes. With the help of defensive spells you can not only save your teammates, but also turn fights around.
📌If you liked our guide, please rate it on the Steam Community!
👉 Find out your mistakes in Dota 2 with the help of GOSU.AI and start winning right now! Click here! 👉
From GOSU.AI with 💙