Shadow Shaman is one of the best supports you can pick to improve your MMR. His effectiveness in the laning stage, ability to split push lanes and farm, high pushing potential and availability of several disables makes this hero very useful in all phases of the game.
Table of contents
- Starting Items
- Early stage of the game
- Mid stage of the game
- Late stage of the game
- Common mistakes
- Tips & Tricks
First of all, you need to make sure to purchase enough healing items to sustain the laning stage. Shadow Shaman has very high base damage. You should use it alongside Ether Shock to apply pressure on the enemy core. To do it effectively, you need to have as much HP as possible.
Your starting items should be Animal Courier, x2 Observer Ward, x6 Tango, Healing Salve, Clarity and an Iron Branch.
Make sure to pull your midlaner two Tangoes and an Observer Ward. Give second Observer Ward to your offlaner. It is only worth to leave Observer Ward for yourself in case you lane against a hero, who can hurt you from outside of your vision. These heroes are Pudge, Mirana, Techies and Keeper of the Light.
Early stage of the game
Proper positioning is key for a support player to feel comfortable during the laning stage. Basically, there are two common positions you can select:
1. If you lane against a solo offlaner or a very weak duo lane, position yourself closer to the jungle, on the side of the lane. This position will allow you to effectively harass the enemy offlaner while not dragging the creeps aggro on yourself at the same time.
2. If you lane against a powerful duo lane which can punish you for aggressive positioning, you should stay behind your carry and focus more on denying, while also using opportunities to harass your opponents safely.
Keep good communication with your lane partner. Make pulls whenever the lane is pushed. When nighttime is about to begin, purchase two Observer Wards and place them around the map. Providing good vision for your teammates is essential. Pay attention to match duration timer. Control Bounty Runes when you have an opportunity to do so.
Mid stage of the game
Try to use Mass Serpent Wards as often as possible to destroy enemy Towers. It will give your team an important territorial advantage. Encourage your teammates to use Smoke of Deceit. You can use this item to force team fights, make crucial kills or place aggressive vision.
If you do not have anything to do on the map, you can use Ether Shock to farm jungle camps. Shadow Shaman can provide a huge impact if he has his key items, such as Aghanim`s Scepter and Refresher Orb.
Late stage of the game
In this stage of the game, you will need to show all your skill to its fullest potential. Every single fight in the late stage of the game can decide the overall outcome of the game. You need to pay maximum attention to your positioning and use your spells as effectively as possible during fights.
Vision in this stage of the game has to be exceptional. One productive Observer Ward, which will spot an enemy team`s rotation can secure a win for your team.
Maintain good communication with your teammates and focus on playing around key objectives of the game, such as Roshan, Towers and Bounty Runes.
1) Not buying enough healing items at the beginning of the game. It is not a huge issue if you buy too much regen, but it can be a huge problem if you buy too little.
2) Not moving around the map. Good movement is a key to win games as a support. Do not be afraid to leave your carry alone in the lane. Your job is to give him a good start, and then you can focus on ganking other lanes.
3) Maxing Hex or Shackles over Ether Shock. Ether Shock is essential to max on Shadow Shaman, especially in low ranked games. This spell will allow you to deal damage in fights, push lanes and farm jungle camps.
4) Not using Mass Serpent Ward effectively. Try to use this spell exclusively to destroy enemy Towers. Sometimes, you might use it to make a solo kill, but do not do it too often.
5) Not providing good vision. Shadow Shaman is able to farm effectively with the help of Ether Shock, so you should always have enough gold to purchase several Observer Wards.
Tips & Tricks
1) Improve your skill through watching streams, videos or replays of professional players, who pick this hero.
2) In the game goes bad, you can always rely on Mass Serpent Ward to destroy the enemy base by yourself. To do so, your team will need to keep at least one lane pushed.
3) You can benefit a lot from having Refresher Shard. Double or triple Mass Serpent Ward can demolish the enemy base in a matter of few seconds.
📌If you liked our guide, please rate it on the Steam Community!
👉 Find out your mistakes in Dota 2 with the help of GOSU.AI and start winning right now! Click here! 👉
From GOSU.AI with 💙